None of this, please
- Violence or threats of violence toward another person
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language or religion. Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Conversations or presentations that involve racism, ableism, misogyny, misogynoir, transphobia, transmisogyny, transmisogynoir, homophobia, biphobia, classism, fatphobia, body shaming or colourism
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, taking pictures or recording without permission
- Inappropriate physical contact or sexual attention
- Inappropriate social contact, such as requesting or assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Sharing non-harassing private communication without permission
Treating others how you would like to be treated goes a long way, if someone tells you something makes them uncomfortable, is offensive to them, or just to stop a behaviour, topic of conversation, etc – respond to that how you would like to be responded to.
This is a safe space, but in order for all of us to feel safe we have to respect and embrace the differences of those around.
If you need any help, don’t know how to address a situation, or just want to chat, we are here to help